After ten years as a music and eurhythmics teacher, I felt I needed to learn more about psychology. I wanted to better understand my students and what was happening in class. I began to study psychology at university primarily to become a better teacher, but it was so interesting that I continued and studied a degree as psychology teacher. Now I teach some areas of psychology.
I am particularly interested in areas that are useful as a teacher:
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology and cooperation (see also conflict resolution)
- Learning and Memory
I look at these subjects from different angles, often related to teaching or teamwork.
This can include issues such as:
- What is reasonable to expect at different ages?
- How do I teach pre-schoolers?
- Why are teenagers so strange?
- How can I make it easier for students to learn?
- Can I help students to collaborate?
- Is it possible to prevent bullying?
- Group teaching or individually?
- Punishment or reward?
- External/internal motivation?
- Does motor development have any relevance?